A few quick comments because I'm not ready to start blogging again. I want to finalize the site layout first, which will make my posting easier as well.


First things first, I am finally able to consistently watch anime on weekdays, so I will post airing anime as I watch them, with almost no exceptions. I am currently planning on doing 2 shows (possibly more with exceptions) per season, so a total of 4 anime. If I find a cowriter, we will be able to cover more aired shows (email me at meonlyme.web@gmail.com if you're interested). My thoughts on the current seasons are Clannad ~After Story~ and Gundam 00 s2 for Fall 2008 and Ride Back and Maria+Holic for Winter 2008. Additionally, I will probably post weekly updates for the rest of the shows I am watching. These weekly updates will be short and concise unless something really interesting happens for a certain week. My other currently airing anime for the time being are: Kurokami, Munto TV, Toradora, Kuroshitsuji (kinda on hold but I'm interested in starting up again due to the new Kalafina ED <- Kara no Kyoukai band), To Aru Majutsu no Index, Axis Powers Hetalia, and Kemono no Souja Erin.

Next, an announcement that my anime list on MAL has been updated to more accurately reflect my feelings. I have changed around many of my scores, usually to a more picky standard. Some changes to note are that I have removed 1/4 of my 10's and 9's. There are also noticeably more 7's. To see all my scores so far, go to http://myanimelist.net/animelist/meonlyme775. Some important changes are a drop from 9 to 8 for Haruhi and FLCL. A drop from 10 to 9 for Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiohuken and The Place Promised in Our Early Days. In ongoing anime, all 9's have been dropped to 8's (with Toradora! as an exception) and several 8's have been dropped to 7's. There is also one 6 in the mix (Kemono no Souja Erin). Clannad and Gundam are still too good, so they have 10's for the time being. Gundam will (probably) be dropped down to a 9, but we'll see.

Finally, I have a few comments about anime I recently finished.

1. Spice and Wolf edit: this post somehow got cut up. I'll try to repost as much as possible.
I <3 Horo so much. I was sucked into the story so much, although ~95% of it was dialogue. Learning about medieval merchant trading has never been so interesting :D. The character development and facial expressions (again <3 Horo) were excellent and I almost gave this a 10. The only thing holding it back were the animation and production quality. Still a solid 9.5/10 and I will definitely be watching the second season :P

2. Ghost in the Shell (1995)
My computer somehow lagged with the THORA version of this (and here I thought my graphics card was good enough) so I had to change the video renderer back to the Overlay Mixer. As a result, I didn't exactly get the most out of the movie, but it was still excellent. The only complaint I have was the animation and artwork, but that's mostly because of how old the movie is. A solid 8/10, which is incredibly good for how old it is. Some serious thinking is needed to get the most out of this. You never know how far technology can go... or to quote the words of Kusanagi Motoko: “If a technological feat is possible, man will do it. Almost as if it’s wired into the core of our being.”

3. Kara no Kyoukai 4
Well, I finally got around to watching this, seeing as the 5th movie got subbed. Although this one was short (only 46 minutes), I thought it was the best so far (although MAL seems to think that 5 is the best so far. I'm excited). The music and animation were once again top par, and I got to see into the mind of Shiki in a way that wasn't apparent before. Some interesting psychological questions and Toukou being badass as a magician. Not bad at all. The ending was amazing (it's Kalafina, c'mon) and I was tempted to give this a 10 on MAL. However, the fight was lacking and it didn't give true 10 vibes, so I'll give it a 9.4/10. Still not a bad performance.

Home...

1 comments:

sankarsocialbeat said...

Nice, i'm a food lover, i love to eat different variety of mouth watering foods withbest spices online

Post a Comment