*Scored on MAL updated as of 1/30/09*

I will generally not give anime a composite (story, sound, animation, etc.) score when giving a final score. However, I may mention certain aspects within a review. Scores are roughly based on a 10-point system in which the score is basically my final thoughts. In certain cases, I may give a second 10-point score for quality, as some anime may be technically sound but lacking for some reason in making an impression. Anything 8 or above will almost certainly be blogged unless I am swamped with too many shows. The scoring list goes something like this:

10- "Wow! This is why I watch anime." Generally I know right away when an anime is a 10 just from the feeling I get.

9- "That was really top-notch but not quite a masterpiece." A 9 has all the qualities of an 8 but either excels in one subcategory or is very well done all around. 9's usually make you want more consistently.

8- "That was pretty good." 8's are generally in the top tier of a season and are well-rounded. They don't excel in one area, but are still worthy of watching and carry entertainment value. Most of the anime that I follow are 8's.

7- "I'll keep watching to see if it picks up." A 7 is on the border of being dropped. There is nothing wrong with it, but it just isn't good enough to spend the time to watch. I mean, I could be watching a completed anime that is easily better than a 7. If a 7 stays a 7 for roughly 5-10 episodes, I will likely drop it.

6- "Meh." When a 7 drops to a 6, I give it 1 more episode before I drop it. 6's make me bored at times and are usually shows that I leave until the end to watch.

5- and below "I can't take it anymore." When a show drops to below a 6, it is basically done. It is too slow for me to even watch 1 more episode, so I drop it. If there are favorable reviews later, I *might* pick it back up.

Home...

0 comments:

Post a Comment