Still no pictures because I don't have much time to do this efficiently. I just HAVE to post this because KnK 5 was epic. If you haven't watched this series, it is worth watching FOR THIS MOVIE ALONE. Kara no Kyoukai is a 7-part movie installment that has basically the most breathtaking animation...ever. However, the character development within it is also incredibly complex and some of the psychological elements can make you seriously think.

For those that don't know, KnK is not in chronological order. The correct order is:
1. KnK 2
2. KnK 4
3. KnK 3
4. KnK 1
5. KnK 5
6. KnK 6
7. KnK 7

To begin with, #5 was almost 2 hours, more than double what the previous 4 movies were. There were numerous fight scenes, which is a first, and each and every one was full of epicness. Kara no Kyoukai has the most impressive fights of any anime I have ever watched (probably because it is a movie so the budget is very high). The soundtrack was top notch, once again, with my personal favorite from Kalafina, Sprinter, as the ED. Between the flying limbs and ridiculous magic spells, I was captivated for the entire 2 hours. I would watch it again in a heartbeat if I didn't have so much other stuff to watch. This is one anime that I would buy on DVD if it were licensed in the US.

An interesting piece of news: KnK is now the #1 anime movie of all time on MAL and the #1 anime on my list. I give this a 9.9/10 for being slightly confusing at times (some events occur multiple times. the movie is by no means chronological). Again, this is a MUST WATCH. I suggest you watch the movies in chronological order, however, as the first one has absolutely no background explanation.

Home...

0 comments:

Post a Comment