*note: new image sizes and now I'm justifying. Changed from imageshack to photobucket. Changing order of posts around. Since I'm on photobucket, some of my older posts may not have links and I will not update them. Sorry :'( I also apologize for the possible out-of-orderness of pictures in this post. I am using a new program and still becoming familiar with it. Also added a "back to top" button at the end of the post. Please note that this goes back to the top of the homepage (which you might or might not want).

Photobucket
One word: Epic.

Title:
Ride Back
Fansub: [I-Z]
Season: Winter 2008
Episode: 01
Score: 8.7/10 Possibly the best anime of winter '08.

Ride Back is strange mash-up, but in a way that I love. It mixes dancing with motorcycle mecha to produce an anime unlike anything I've ever seen. The closest I can compare it to is Macross Frontier, which is doing neither show justice. Just imagine Macross F with dancing instead of singing... well not really but you get my point.

Aside from that, Ride Back has some truly astounding visuals that reminded me of Byousoku 5 cm at times (If you haven't watched Byousoku 5 cm, go NOW. It is one of the most moving movies of all time, anime or not. Makoto Shinkai + Tenmon = win). The only true problem I have with it is the use of CGI, but it is fluid and I don't mind... much. If you didn't know, I hate cgi. More after the jump.

New OP/ED:

Photobucket
OP: Ride Back by MELL

Photobucket
ED: Kioku by Younha feat. GOKU

I personally actually don't remember the OP and ED songs... Might be from studying for finals. If you want to check them out, youtube or something. From what I remember, they weren't bad, but I guess they didn't stick out.

Screenshots:

Photobucket
Oh noes!

Photobucket
5 cm per second, anyone?

Photobucket
Wow. Just wow. Resembles Byousoku 5 cm so much, and I love it.

Photobucket
Go see Nagisa...

Photobucket
Gasp! Actual faces for no-name characters. Maria+Holic could learn from this.

Photobucket
The Ride Back in all its cgi glory.

Photobucket
Got a nice view there?

Photobucket
Of course futuristic mecha are always handled easily without training. Go figure.

Photobucket
One of the few meh moments in which the cgi didn't click. Haruki looks 2D.

Photobucket
My thoughts exactly.

Photobucket
Fox! Do a barrel roll!

Photobucket
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time 2?

Home...

0 comments:

Post a Comment